Stainless steel is long lasting and resistant to almost everything. It is not only aesthetic, but it is resistant to water, heat and anything that can be aggressive in a restaurant kitchen. It has a non-porous surface, which means that no type of liquid or substance can get into it. The invisible layer of chromium oxide that protects stainless steel makes it easier to clean and also maintains sanitary standards. Particularly for restaurants as it provides an extra layer of hygienic protection. Stainless steel is one of the best materials to incorporate into a kitchen for a variety of reasons. Stainless steel looks great, requires little maintenance, and is easy to clean and sterilize. Stainless steel is also very resistant to corrosion and is a very durable material without being excessively heavy.
If you are in any part of New Zealand or Australia, and you are looking for stainless steel benches, go for Federal Hospitality Equipment, as they are one of the reliable brands that have numerous creative and essential categories.
Let’s take a look at some of the tangible benefits that cladding your kitchen with flat steel benches can offer.
1) Hygienic workspace – First of all, stainless steel is appreciated for being a food-grade material. If you work in food preparation, you need surfaces to work with safely. The last thing you need is the potential build-up of germs and bacteria that result from using non-food materials.
2) Durable Surfaces – Everyone knows the world of food preparation is fast-paced and busy with work. Whether you are shredding meat and veg or pounding with powdered meat, you need a surface that can withstand a beating without breaking down. Fortunately, stainless steel flat benches are ideal surfaces for these situations. Stainless steel is extremely resistant to conventional wear, so you shouldn’t worry about the degradation of the surface.
3) Extra prep space – Stainless steel flat benches are also great ways to improve storage and prep space in your kitchen. These steel surfaces can be as wide or as narrow as you want. Additionally, these benches can be fitted with movable wheels that allow you to quickly rearrange your commercial kitchen floor plan to maximize efficiency. In the rapidly changing world of a commercial kitchen, you’ll want your benches to move freely to meet your needs.
4) Fire and heat resistance – The durability of stainless steel is a topic on this blog, and its fire and heat resistance is an integral part of it. Stainless steel has this property due to its resistance to oxidation even at high temperatures. As a result, it retains its strength very effectively under extreme and harsh temperature conditions. Again, chrome plays an important role and makes stainless steel a good choice when it comes to fire resistance and fire protection. It is a material that outperforms materials like galvanized steel and aluminium in this regard.
5) Aesthetic Appearance – Another reason many choose stainless steel is something superficial, but no less valid, and its aesthetic appearance. Stainless steel has been an elegant, attractive and modern material since its introduction. See it as a material with a sheen that exudes a sense of purity, a material that has proven itself and, if anything, has become increasingly popular as a functional and decorative option in residential and commercial properties around the world. It is also a material that complements and works well with most of the other materials, styles, and colours.
As you can see, there are great advantages to stainless steel that shouldn’t be overlooked or neglected.